You’ve been in an Engineering Role in a corporate or entrepreneurial setting for about 8 years now. It’s an absolute grind but you simply can’t get engineering out of your blood. You love designing and building things, solving complex challenges and ultimately seeing a product go from a napkin sketch to a tangible product that you can hold in your hand – you just can’t get enough of that satisfaction moment!
The time has come to make your next career move. You’re looking to join a respected and well- established organization that’s going to further elevate your professional career and help you achieve your goals. Best of all, with an organization that is presented with a vast new business opportunity and tremendous upside potential. We’re only on this Earth once so why work for an employer that doesn’t value your contributions or is limiting your full potential. If you want to make an impact and push your engineering talents to another level while helping an organization achieve its ambitious growth plans – we want to talk to you!
Why is Global Interconnect, Inc. (GII) interested in hiring a Senior Product Engineer?
GII has ambitious growth goals and is committed to doubling the size of the organization in the next 5 years. The opportunity is extremely ripe for the right candidate to be a key contributor to this growth. With a robust product development and engineering process, Global Interconnect needs to add another experienced engineer to its Team.
Global Interconnect, Inc. is a design, engineering, and manufacturing firm with headquarters in the US and offices in Hong Kong and China. Our niche and primary focus is providing custom cable, wire and harness assemblies of unparalleled quality for medical device and high-end industrial OEM’s. These end devices and instruments are used around the world impacting, improving and in many cases saving lives each and every day.
As a member of the Engineering Team, this individual will have three main responsibilities:
- Help lead multiple product development initiatives; Serve as primary engineering point of contact while working with cross-functional team members (Quality, Program Management, Outside Sales, etc.) to keep projects running seamlessly and on schedule.
- Provide ad-hoc engineering support to sustaining and mature product lines in the way of engineering change orders, drawing/specification development and/or maintenance and engineering input to quality related matters.
- Participate in meetings with New Business Development Team and serve as technical lead on prospect/discovery calls to establish strong engineering credibility while building and fostering relationships with customers
Requirements and Skills
- Honest and genuine
- Ability to establish relationships
- Available for full-time employment
- 8-10 year engineering experience
- 5 years minimum leading product development projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Available for business travel (10-15%)
- Outstanding communication skills; phone and email is crucial
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- Attention to detail
- Team player but capable of being independent
- In-Depth knowledge of the product design process from inception through manufacturing
- 3D Cad experience. Preferred SolidWorks
- 2D Cad experience a plus but not necessarily a requirement
- Electro-mechanical engineering experience a plus
- FEA experience a plus
- Able to effectively present product proposals to potential customers
- Working understanding of GD&T dimensioning
- Understanding of plastic insulator materials as well as electrical wire insulating jacket materials including electrical and mechanical properties
- Experience in:
- Prototype methods
- Creating and modifying engineering drawings
- Injection molded plastic design
- Metal part design
If interested in exploring this exciting opportunity, we are eager to speak with you!
Please, direct cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.